Uganda Ssese Islands' Experience Holiday - 4 Days
Uganda Ssese Islands' Experience Holiday - 4 Days
Uganda Ssese Islands Holiday - 4 Days
- Day 1: Transfer to Ssese Islands from Entebbe (Nakiwogo)
- Day 2: Guided nature walks in the forest and boat trip
- Day 3: Free day relaxing
- Day 4: Depart Ssese Islands for Kampala or Entebbe
This is a four days exciting holiday to the tropical islands, Ssese Islands tour that journeys you to the beautiful Ssese Islands which are a cluster of more than 80 small islands away from Entebbe, but in Uganda. It is such a natural paradise as majority of the island is unoccupied except for the roaming fishermen and the thickets of tropical rain-forests which are habitat to birds plus monkeys. In additional to the Nile Perch, other fish species caught on the island include: lung fish and Tilapia.
The Landlocked Ssese Islands in Lake Victoria are listed on Lonely Planet’s top ten list sunset-islands of the World’s best secret Islands.
They are 84 Tropical Islands found on Lake Victoria – a most pleasant surprise – sandy beaches, fishing for Nile Perch, sailing, boating, ATV Quad Biking, Horseback Riding, Hiking, Birding on the Ssese Islands – Uganda’s Secret Tropical Islands.
The Ssese Islands are off-the beaten track for most Tourists, it takes a ferry, boat to get here.
Forests teeming with wildlife, delightful empty beaches, friendly islanders and peaceful environment provide a unique and fascinating opportunity for fishing, walking, boating, birdwatching or simply enjoying beautiful, and unspoilt surroundings. Here, you’ll be able to see vervet monkeys and grey parrots by the forest waterfalls, kingfishers, herons and fish eagles diving for their food in the lake. The Ssese Islands are a perfect getaway for travelers wishing to visit somewhere a little more rustic and “off the beaten path” then the usual safari parks.
There are many islands to choose from, but Baggala Island is the most frequented by tourists, perhaps because it is the most accessible and most developed. However, the small Banda Island also provides a popular budget resort worth visiting. Depending on your interests, you may also choose to explore Bubeke, Bukasa and/or Bufumira.
What to expect seeing at Ssese:
Vervet monkey, colobus monkey, a prolific variety of water and forest birds including hornbill, barbets, robin-chats, turaco, flycatcher, weaver, fish eagle, paradise fly catcher, kingfisher,brown-throated wattle-eye, palmnut vultures, great cormorants, little egret, colourful butterflies.
Holiday Activities at Ssese:
- Sport fishing: Fishing is a prominent activity in the Ssese Island area. Rent a boat, and bring your own equipment.
- Island Exploration: The marshy southwestern shores are home to a few hippos and sitatunga antelopes. These swamps can be reached by walking (plan for an overnight stay), cycling, or by vehicle.
- Swimming: There is a risk of bilharzia in surrounding waters, but the Mutumbula beach is reportedly bilharzia-free. Note that shallow waters with visible snails (the hosts of the bilharzia parasites) are of greatest risk. Always dry off vigorously with a towel to minimize chances of infection.
- Boat trips: Rent a boat, or commission local fishermen to take you out on the water. You will enjoy viewing the islands from a different perspective.
- Volleyball: Some resorts provide beach volleyball. Don’t forget your sunscreen!
- Cycling Excursions: Cycling is an excellent way to explore Baggala Island. Bring your own, or rent one from Andronica Lodge. Cycling to Mutumbula beach is especially lovely, because the water is reputably bilharzia-free and safe for swimming after a hot ride.
DAY 1: Transfer to Ssese Islands
Drive to Nakiwogo landing site in Entebbe reaching before 13:00 to ready for the ferry to set-off at 14:00. A ferry from Nakiwogo in Entebbe takes about three hours to reach Bugala Island the biggest among the Ssese Islands inside Lake Victoria. Dinner and slumber at Brovad Sands Lodge
DAY 2: Forest walks and Boat rides
Begin the day with breakfast meanwhile feeling the breeze of currents from the lake. Take a guided forest walk to see various flora and fauna.
After lunch, a boat ride to various islands for sight seeing and birding is amazing. Dinner and overnight at Brovad Sands Lodge.
DAY 3: Full day relaxation
This day is dedicated for sunbathing along the beaches and relaxation. You can opt to go for spot fishing, and swimming in the pool. Dinner and overnight at Brovad Sands Lodge.
DAY 4: Ssese to Entebbe/Kampala
After breakfast, set-off at 08:00 from Bugala Island to Nakiwogo in Entebbe reaching at around 11:00 where you transfer to the Airport for your flight back home.
- All Lake Victoria transfers to the Island and transportation while at Ssese
- All accommodations while on holiday
- Meals as specified in the itinerary
- mentioned tour activities
- International flight (can be arranged if required)
- Visa and personal insurance
- Drinks, tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses (laundry, souvenirs, etc.)
- Any item or activity not mentioned in the tour package
Talk to Our Uganda Holidays Specialist
Enquire about this holiday and prices.
Talk to one of our destination experts to start planning your Uganda Holiday
Other Safaris You Might Like
“ We extremely enjoyed Uganda and all its beauty. The landscape endowments is just fabulous. Wilson, our driver guide was very knowledgeable, a friendly courteous gentleman who new a lot about the culture and wildlife of the beautiful country. Certainly we shall book another holiday with this company. ”
Contact us to plan you Ssese Island Holiday
Chat to us Today
+256 772 979 425
+ 256 393 201 019