Gorilla Trekking Rwanda Prices - Rwanda Gorilla Tour Cost
What is the cost of gorilla trekking in Rwanda, How much does it cost to see the gorillas in Rwanda? Why is Rwanda gorilla trekking expensive? 2022 Gorilla Tour prices Rwanda
The cost of a gorilla trekking permit in Rwanda is USD1500 for foreign non-residents, foreign residents, and East African nationals. Those intending to do gorilla trekking in Rwanda have the choice to either arrange everything by themselves or work with us on one of the Rwanda gorilla trekking tour packages we offer.
On top of the gorilla permit cost, however, you have to budget for your transportation from Kigali to Volcanoes National Park as we all accommodation in a lodge or guesthouse near the park. Some visitors can make their way from Kigali to Volcanoes National Park and trek the mountain gorillas in one day but this is very stressful and won't necessarily deliver the best gorilla trekking experience much as you can save a few dollars.
How much is the Rwanda Gorilla Tour Trekking Volcanoes National Park (including gorilla permit, accommodation, and transportation)?
For the best Rwanda Gorilla trekking tour experience, we suggest the 3 days Rwanda gorilla tour. The lowest cost for this gorilla trekking tour is USD1850 per person if you are 4 person sharing rooms, USD1960 per person if you are 3 person sharing rooms, USD2100 per person if you are 2 person sharing rooms, or USD2500 if you are 1 person going on the gorilla trek alone. If you are staying at midrange lodges like Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge, Da Vinci Gorilla Lodge, the cost of your gorilla trekking tour is USD2000 per person if you are 4 person sharing rooms, USD2070 per person if you are 3 person sharing rooms, USD2237 per person if you are 2 person sharing rooms, or USD2700 if you are 1 person going on the gorilla trek alone. Please contact us for more updated offers here>>>
Cost of Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Tour in Mid-luxury lodges:
And if you are staying in mid-luxury lodges like Five Volcanoes Lodge, Mountain Gorilla View Lodge the cost of your gorilla tour is USD2107 per person if you are 4 persons sharing two rooms, USD2150 per person if you are 3 people sharing a triple room, USD2290 per person if you are 2 persons sharing a double/twin room, or USD2820 if you are 1 person going on the gorilla trek alone. Please contact us for more updated offers here>>>
Cost of Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Tour in Luxury lodges:
Luxury lodges for Rwanda Gorilla Trekking include Virunga Lodge, Silvrback Savibyo Gorilla Lodge among others. If you will be staying at these luxury lodges, the cost of your gorilla trekking tour is USD3370 per person if you are 4 person sharing rooms, USD3400 per person if you are 3 person sharing triple rooms, USD3580 per person if you are 2 person sharing rooms. Please contact us for more updated offers here>>>
Price of 2 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Tour
If you are planing only two days gorilla trekking tour, the prices for your gorilla trekking is as follows:
The cheapest Rwanda gorilla trek tour when you stay at Kinigi Guesthouse is USD2100 if you are 1 person on tour. USD1850 per person if you are 2 persons sharing a room, USD1775 if you are 3 people sharing a room, and if you will be 4 persons sharing 2 rooms - USD1736 per person
If you are staying at Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge: 1 person on tour - USD2300; 2 persons sharing room - USD1940 per person, 3 persons sharing room - USD1840 per person, 4 persons sharing 2 rooms - USD1790 per person.
If you are staying at Mountain Gorilla View Lodge or Five Volcanoes Lodge: 1 person on tour - USD2380; 2 persons sharing room - USD1950 per person, 3 persons sharing room - USD1920 per person, 4 persons sharing 2 rooms - USD1860 per person.
Tips for a successful Mountain Gorilla Tracking Safari
- Purchase your permits as far in advance as possible for priority assignment to a choice group and to be sure you obtain a permit at all.
- You will be with a group and guide. Also, consider hiring a local person as a porter assistant, even if you are very fit. This adds a great cultural dimension to the experience and is not really expensive.
- If you have the choice, visit the largest group available to you to maximize the photo opportunities and the different behaviors you will see.
- Prepare for the possibility of rain at any time of year.
- Wear long sleeves and slacks and bring gloves to protect against thistles nettles and thorns.
- Wear durable hiking shoes, you will be off-trail in rough terrain.
- Expect you might have a long hike. Be in the best physical shape you can be.
- Understand your camera well, Cameras with built-in video are very good. The telephoto ability helps.
- Consider traveling with a companion or friend with whom you will share the lifelong memory of the encounter.
- Listen to the advice of your guide. Trust that he or she really wants you to get great photos and have the best possible experience.