Uganda Launches e-Visa application for Uganda tourist visa applications
You can now apply for your Uganda tourist visa online with the new e-visa system.
All those who have guests, friends or relatives visiting Uganda, kindly advise them to apply for the Visas online. Soon they will be no issuance at the point of entry.
It is not yet however known if Uganda will continue for the time being with a parallel process of Visa on arrival as has been the case all along and clarification is sought on this crucial issue.
If your visa or permit application is approved, it establishes that you are eligible for the approved visa or permit, but does not establish that your application is definitely approved.
Upon arrival to Uganda (at the selected point of entry) or to the Immigration Office Headquarters, you will be inspected by an Immigration Officer who may determine if your application is finally approved. All information provided by you, or on your behalf by a designated third party, must be true and correct. A visa or permit application approval may be revoked at any time and for any reason, such as new information influencing eligibility. You may be subject to administrative or criminal penalties if you knowingly and willfully make a materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or representation in an electronic visa or permit application submitted by you or on your behalf.
Please indicate you have read and understand the information provided above.
The process would work as follows:
1) Anyone arriving from 01st June 2016 who require Visas must have applied online and on completion and submitting the application intending travelers are to receive a bar coded email notification.
2) On arrival at any border post, airport or land borders, that email must be presented and the bar code will be scanned into the immigration system. A Visa sticker will then be printed, including a scanned in picture and will be inserted into the passport on payment of the respective Visa fee.
3) For any Visa extensions, again the process is due to be completed on line though it is thought that anyone in Kampala may apply in person at the Immigration Headquarters at the Ministry of Internal Affairs.
4) These applications will be for regular single entry Visa, the common East African Tourist Visa (covering besides Uganda also Kenya and Rwanda), multiple entry Visa and Business Visa.
5) Access to the application platform can be found at www.visas.immigration.go.ug
In a related development will applications for special passes and work permits also from 01st of June onwards be done online.
Relevant statements from the Ministry of Tourism, the Uganda Tourism Board and the Ugandan private sector are expected to be issued in due course further explaining the modalities of these transactions.
Try it and let us know how it works.